The Georgetown University Writing Program serves the campus in a variety of ways:
- Coordinating the Writing requirements in the Georgetown core, including a first-year writing course, WRIT015: Writing and Culture Seminar and the Integrated Writing requirement within the major
- Providing one-on-one support to students at all levels through the Georgetown Writing Center, including the main Center in Lauinger Library
- Offering advanced and graduate courses on writing and rhetoric within the Department of English
- Collaborating with colleagues from other programs to develop curricular innovations through the Designing the Future(s) of the University Initiative
- Conducted research on writing at Georgetown, including several projects supported by the Initiative on Technology Enhanced Learning and a major ethnographic study of how students and faculty view writing as part of undergraduate education.